Help Me Recycle Crayons | Teacher Funds Art Projects for Kids
Colour Blocks® First recycled crayon was created and sold in 2008 in Encinitas California at the local street bazaar and farmers market.
If you did not know I recycle crayons!
I make beautiful handcrafted Colour Blocks® stackable square block crayons recycled out of old crayons
Over the many years teaching art, home-schooling and making recycled art I’ve collected pounds and pounds of previously loved crayons.
Friends, family, students and teachers passed me their old crayons.
Not having the heart to throw them into the landfills I researched and learned all about crayons and how they are made.
I learned some interesting sad facts about how long it takes for a crayon to biodegrade.
I then started experimenting with making my own recycled crayons.
My efforts and movement to recycle crayons became a 100% sustainable crayon business called Colour Blocks®.
Environmental Problem with Crayons!
Reuse. Reduce. Recycle, practicing the 3 R’s!
The most exciting thing about my business is it funds thousands of children free art projects up and down the West Coast annually.
With the sales of Colour Blocks I can teach and give children free art activities at street fairs, festivals, children’s museums, conferences and educational learning events and libraries and private schools.
Schools, restaurants and families recycle their old crayons with Colour Blocks all over the U.S.!
You can too recycle old crayons with Colour Blocks!
Crayon recycling program
• We accept crayons in any shape!
• We recycle old crayons into new beautiful sustainable square block crayons!
• Our sales from these recycle crayons funds amazing art programing for children across the U.S. and crayon donations to non-profit organizations in need.
• Colour Blocks travels and educates the public on the importance of being earth-friendly year round.
• We will pay shipping for any crayons to us anywhere in the U.S.
• We will set up collection bins at your establishment to make collecting easy.
• Colour Blocks educates classroom on the importance of being earth-friendly.
• Colour Blocks works with the largest Goodwill Industries across the West Coast recycling crayons!
• Families, restaurants and schools donate crayons with us!
It’s easy as 1,2, 3 to recycle crayons
1. Collect crayons in any shape.
2. Figure out weight of crayons.
If you cannot afford to ship or get grant funds email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org with weight and address it’s coming from, we will provide paid shipping or pick up at your location.
3, Mail old crayons to: P.O. Box 443 Solana Beach, CA 92075
All rights reserved ©, Nature of Art For Kids®
No part of this blog may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.
Colour Blocks™ created and first sold in 2008 in Encintias California at the local street bazaar and farmers market.
• Truly Earth-friendly Crayons!
• Handcrafted and recycled out of previously loved crayons!
• Makes beautiful coloring marks!
• Colour Blocks® won’t roll off the table!
• Children can colour wide areas easily!
• Made with non-toxic crayons!
• Handcrafted colour mixing technique by designer & art teacher, Spramani Elaun
Learn more about earth-friendly non toxic safe art supplies