Recycling Unwanted Crayons | Restaurants | Schools | Amazing Company
Have you heard of this amazing sustainable crayon company that takes unloved crayons and recycles into beautiful crayons which funds free art programing all over the West Coast for kids?
Colour Blocks® Recycled
Recycling mission started in San Diego in 2008
Founder Spramani Elaun, mommy, art teacher and home-schooler started taking old crayons and recycling them into beautiful square block crayons. After discovering how to make a perfect functional square block crayon started selling and funding free art programing and art supply donations all across the nation. Children Internationally have been delighted from these wonderful crayons.
Recycling Program – West Coast
Why I started recycling Crayons
If you did not know I recycle crayons!
I make beautiful handcrafted Colour Blocks™ stackable square block crayons.
Over the course of many years teaching art, home-schooling, I collected pounds and pounds of previously loved crayons.
Friends, family, students and teachers passed me their old crayons. Not having the heart to throw them into the landfills I researched all about crayons.
I learned all about how crayons were made and what they were made from.
I learned some interesting facts about how long it took for them to biodegrade.
I then started experimenting with recycling old crayons. The first Colour Blocks were made and sold at a local street market bazaar in 2008.
My efforts and movement to recycle crayons became a business called Colour Blocks™.
Crayon recycling program
• We accept crayons in any shape!
• We recycle old crayons into new beautiful sustainable square block crayons!
• Our sales from these recycle crayons funds amazing art programing for children across the U.S. and crayon donations to non-profit organizations in need.
• Colour Blocks travels and educates the public on the importance of being earth-friendly year round.
• We will pay shipping for any crayons to us anywhere in the U.S.
• We will set up collection bins at your establishment to make collecting easy.
• Colour Blocks educates classroom on the importance of being earth-friendly.
• Colour Blocks works with the largest Goodwill Industries across the West Coast recycling crayons!
• Families, restaurants and schools donate crayons with us!
or mail crayons to:
P.O. box 443
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Funding free art programing all over the nation weekly!
The most exciting thing about my business is it funds thousands of children free art projects up and down the West Coast annually.
With the sales of Colour Blocks I can teach and give children free art activities at street fairs, festivals, children’s museums, conferences and educational learning events and libraries and private schools.
No part of this blog may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written
permission except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.
Spramani Elaun is an American natural art teacher and author of several books on teaching visual arts.